Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Some Of The Many, Many Things That Rankle Me

There are many, many things that annoy me on a regular basis.  Here are a few:

1.  Drivers who don't say thanks after I've extended them a courtesy.  They seem to assume an entitlement to the courtesy.

2.  Drivers who can't figure out how to turn right.  They wait, hesitate, look around, but seem incapable of completing the turn.  God help them when they try to make a left.

3.  Drivers who turn without signalling.  It's as if it's too much trouble for them to employ a finger-flick to flip the turn flasher. 

4.  Drivers that honk when I wait for walkers in a cross-walk.

5.  People that say, "I have your back" or "I've got your back."

6.  Gretchen on the Real Housewives of Orange County.

7.  The judges on American Idol.  Although they are nicer, they are useless---having nothing meaningful to say:

     a.  Steve Tyler:  "That's really good, man.  I like it."  (Really constructive and intelligent!)
    
     b.  Jennifer Lopez:  "I've been a fan all along and am glad you're coming through.  Nice."  (Again, really constructive and intelligent.)

     c.  Randy:  "Not bad, but a little flat.  A bit too pitchy."  (Give me a break!)

No comments:

Post a Comment